EHS Return to School Resources
Laptop distribution - Link to full information
Below you will find the forms you will need to start the new school year. This year completion of forms to return to school will be completed online due to COVID -19. Please complete all of the required forms and email them by Tuesday, Sept 8th.
Required Forms for All Students
All students must have accurate emergency care information. Parents update this information through @email via their Blackboard FCPS 24/7 account.
Log into your Blackboard FCPS 24/7 account.
- Log in using the same username and password as your SIS ParentVUE account
- Go to WeCare @ School on the top right of your screen.
- Complete the Health Information Form
- Edison uses a variety of digital tools for learning. You may look through the list before signing the form.
- Provide consent at this link https://isweb.fcps.edu/iscontacts/techpermform.cfm?secure.
Student Rights and Responsibilities
- Please review the Student Rights and Responsibilities (SR&R) and related resources at www.fcps.edu/srr After reviewing the information, fill out the SR&R Parent Acknowledgement Form using this PDF DOC: The form must be filled out 1 time per student.
Required Forms for All students (Emergency care, health information & SR&R)
Last names beginning with A-Ko should email the forms to Ms. Reid at @email.
Last names beginning with Kr-Z should email the form to Ms. Hiwot at @email.
- Details parents' rights regarding FCPS policies. Complete these forms only if you wish for your child to be opted-out.
Please email these forms to Ms. Gouger at @email
- Information about Family Life Education can be found on the FCPS website for Grades 9-12.
Please email these forms to Ms. Lewis at @email
- Please email these forms to Ms. Gouger at @email
- Apply for Free and Reduced Lunch or view information about the FCPS Food and Nutrition Services.
- Please email these forms to Ms. Brooks at @email
Asynchronous classes only – SAT Testing
Schoology - our new learning management system
Schoology Login URL: lms.fcps.edu
(first letter is lower case L)
Link to main FCPS Schoology resource page which includes the following topics:
- Why Schoology?
- Parent and Guardian
- Students (Welcome/Overview for students video to be added to this page soon)
- Support Landing Page
Inicia sesión en lms.fcps.edu. El nombre de usuario y la contraseña son las mismas del portátil FCPS.
Si se necesita ayuda con Schoology, se puede buscar ayuda en español aquí: www.fcps.edu/schoology/students
Virtual Meeting Recordings
Please join us for an opportunity to meet the administrative team, and hear updates on instruction, Schoology, attendance, Monday schedules, activities, and grade level events. Specific links to virtually attend the meeting will be sent to parents of students at each grade level. If you have more than one student at Edison, don’t worry. All sessions will be recorded.
Sophomore Parents: 6:00—6:45 PM - Recording
Junior Parents: 7:00—7:45 PM - Recording
Senior Parents: 8:00—8:45 PM - Recording
Principal's Corner - recording_12 - July 10, 2020
Tech Support for Parents and Students
To support families who are working with their children during distance learning, FCPS has launched a new Parent Technology Help Desk, effective Monday, August 24. The help desk can be reached at 833-921-3277 (833-921-FCPS) and will be answered by staff members between 7 a.m. and 11 p.m., seven days a week.
Parents or guardians can call this number for basic tech support with parent accounts, help with FCPS student devices and technical assistance with other FCPS applications. If help desk staff members are unable to solve the issue, they will enter a support ticket on behalf of the parent/guardian to escalate the issue to the appropriate FCPS team. Parents who need help in a language other than English can inform the help desk staff when they call of their preferred language, and an interpreter will join in on the call.
FCPS has also set up Parent and Student Technology Support portal at https://itweb.fcps.edu/itsupport/ to allow older students and parents/guardians to request technology help directly. When a support request ticket is entered through the portal, it is auto-routed to the TSSpec at the appropriate site to expedite service.
Schools should feel free to post both the Parent Technology Help Desk phone number and the link to the Parent and Student Technology Support portal on their websites to support families. Information is also being shared centrally with parents via various communication channels. Please contact the IT Service Desk with any questions.
Some course will introduce a rolling gradebook this year. Click on this link to watch a 7 minute video that explains the rolling gradebook.