Fine and Practical Arts
Art, Drama, Music
Edison Theater Arts Program (in alignment with the IB Theater program)
- All students deserve an opportunity to grow through exploration and experimentation in the theater.
- The aims of the Edison Theatre Arts program are to help students understand the nature of the theatre; to understand it by making it as well as by studying it; to understand it not only with their minds but with their senses, their bodies and their emotions; to understand the forms it takes in cultures other than their own; and through this understanding better to understand themselves, their society and their world.
- Through exploration and engagement in the theater, students will discover the value and impact of the arts in society and culture. The goal is create lifelong learners, performers, and patrons of the arts.
- Drama Website - http://edisondrama.wix.com/edisondrama
- Thomas Edison High School has the proud distinction of housing two string orchestras, the Concert Orchestra and the Chamber Orchestra. Both groups have an exciting schedule of concert performances this year, both at Thomas Edison HS and in public venues. Last year the Chamber Orchestra earned the highest possible ratings at the District X Orchestra Festival, receiving a "Superior" rating from every judge. This achievement, along with the festival performances of the Edison Band and Choir, earned Thomas Edison the "Blue Ribbon School" award from the Virginia Music Educators Association. The orchestras at Thomas Edison are looking forward to seeing you at their next concert!
- The Bands of Thomas A. Edison High School have a proud tradition of excellence and achievement. The band program includes Symphonic Band, Concert Band, Percussion Ensemble, Marching Band, and Color Guard. Classroom instruction in music theory and guitar are offered. Band students participate in district solo and ensemble festival, and district, regional, and state ensembles by audition. The band performs and competes during the fall marching season and offers concerts to the public throughout the year.
- Band Website - www.edisonband.org
- Chorus Website - www.ehschorus.com