New Student Orientation
Attention Class of 2024 (and other new students) who are attending in-person learning:
Thomas A. Edison High School is happy to announce an in-person Freshmen (and new student) Orientation on Monday, March 1, from 11:00 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. Students who are scheduled to attend classes in-person will be provided an opportunity to become familiar with their new school.
Orientation will include:
- Meeting advisory teachers and learning about live-instruction in a high school
- A tour of the school to familiarize students with the building
- An auditorium presentation for students to learn about activities, sports, and in-person resources available in the building
To reserve your space and confirm your participation, please complete this Freshmen Orientation RSVP form BY MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22. Please note, students will need to use their FCPSschools.net addresses to register and complete the form.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers:
- Will appropriate safety measures be taken?
- YES, we will adhere to strict social distancing and all participants will be required to wear a mask at all times. Every room and area of the building will be capacity controlled to allow for spacing.
- This is during lunchtime, what about food?
- Edison will provide students with a grab-n-go lunch at the end of the program, as students exit the building.
- Will transportation be provided?
- YES, students who qualify for bus transportation will be offered a bus ride to and from the event. Please indicate this on the RSVP form. A follow-up email will be sent with transportation information, routes, and times.
- Can students who are not returning to in-person instruction participate?
- For this event, only in-person students are invited. Edison will provide an opportunity for students new to the building when they return to in-person instruction.
- Where do I get the specific details of the event?
- Students who register for the orientation will receive detailed information and instructions in emails before the event.
VERY IMPORTANT!! - students are reminded to check their FCPSschools.net email addresses, every day! Information for Freshmen Orientation and other class details will only be sent to those addresses.
If you have additional questions, please contact Mr. Cohen at @email.