2020 Graduation Schedule
2020 Graduation Information
Graduation Day June 1st
June 1 – Graduation Day!!
Seniors who have cleared obligations will have the opportunity to pick up their senior items (cap, gown, diploma, cords, medals, programs, transcript, etc.) from their cars via a driving processional on June 1st.
Pick up is at Door 5. Please follow the map (PDF Map) and enter Edison High School from Edison Drive. Schedule is as follows:
A – B
8:30 – 9:30 AM
C – Fe
9:30 – 10:30 AM
Fi – I
10:30 – 11:30 AM
J – Mc
11:30 – 12:30 PM
Me – Pe
1:00 – 2:00 PM
Ph – So
2:00 – 3:00 PM
Sp – Z
3:00 – 4:00 PM
Our goal is to distribute 540 bags – one to each senior on June 1. We can do it with your cooperation.
- Try to adhere to the schedule if at all possible. It will reduce wait time.
- Be patient while waiting in the car line. Each student is special, and we need to ensure that we give the correct bag to each senior.
- Place an easily readable LARGE sign on the passenger side of your dashboard with student name and ID # (in large print) to help make things go smoothly.
- Remain in your vehicle. Social distancing and wearing your mask rules apply.
- A staff member will greet you at your car.
- Do not exit your car.
- You will give the staff member the sign in your window or your ID card.
- Staff member will retrieve your graduation bag and bring to your car.
- Please proceed immediately toward the exit as soon as your package is delivered to you.
Looking forward to seeing you on June 1 – Graduation Day!
Brief Convocation Meeting @ 5:00 PM
Following the senior package pick-up, we will have a virtual gathering at which time there will be messages from teachers, and we will proclaim you 2020 graduates of Edison High School! Eagle Pride! 😊
Virtual Graduation & Celebration Video
A virtual senior recognition video is also currently being created. It will have speeches, memorable video footage, Edison highlights, and recognize each senior by name/ picture. Seniors will even have an opportunity to upload a photo, text, and submit a short video clip; this will be a keepsake to share with your friends and family. The expected release for this video is July 1st at 6:00 PM. More details will follow.
We will hold a Class of 2020 virtual meeting on Friday, May 29, at 10:30 a.m. to share IMPORTANT information about the many things happening over the next few weeks. Topics that we will discuss include:
- Senior Package Pick-up
- June 1 Convocation
- Graduate Photo Op
- Virtual Graduation & Celebration Video
Please use the below log-in information to attend the meeting. Please use only one computer to access the meeting from each home to accommodate as many people as possible. If you are unable to attend the meeting, a recording of it will be provided.
Try to attend; we want everyone included. Check your Naviance account/email for information on how to join the meeting.
(Parents may want to join the meeting with their senior; however, this meeting is really for the senior student.)
To attend the meeting, please use:
• Guest link:
Session dial-in: Call in anonymously. Attendees using this PIN appear as anonymous callers in the session.
The senior choice awards will be held Friday 5/29 at 5:45 p.m. in a black board collaborate session.
Complete before June 1st
Senior Return of School Items
Seniors will need to return laptops, chargers, textbooks, library books, calculators, uniforms, and any other school-issued items. When you come to school to return items, it is essential that you place an easily readable sign on the passenger side of your dashboard with the student name and ID # (in large print) to help make things go smoothly.
The drop off dates and times are below:
- May 27 and May 28
- Last Names A- L from 2:30 – 5:00 PM
- Last Names M- Z from 5:30 – 8:00 PM
- May 29 from 8:30 – 11:30 AM
There are specific doors where staff will be accepting school-issued items. Please note the location for each:
Door 3: Miscellaneous items – books, musical instruments, calculators
Door 5: Laptops, computer chargers and cords
Door 6: Athletic equipment
- Do not return laptop sleeve
- Remove all stickers or any other objects you may have attached to your laptop
- Do not disinfect your laptop; this will be done by the tech team for quality and damage control purposes
Once you arrive at the designated stopping point outside Door 5:
Hand your laptop and charger to the person who greets you at the station:
- No laptop – a $467.00 obligation will be added to your MySchoolbucks account
- No Charger – a $42.00 obligation will be added to your MySchoolbucks account
- Wait for a receipt.
Unpaid obligations will be reported to the Finance Office, who will then upload that information into your MySchoolBucks account. You will then need to pay the fee online through their School Store – again, please be careful to click on the correct icon. Please save your receipt, print it, and/or have it available on your phone to view when you bring it to school when you are picking up the Senior Package. Checks are not accepted at this time in the school year.
Senior dues are reduced to $50. If you paid the full $125 already, you will receive a $75 refund. Refunds will take some time to process, but they will be credited back to you in the form in which you paid. Most adjustments will be made through MySchoolBucks to your credit card. If you paid cash/check you will receive a check refund in the mail at some point this summer. The adjusted senior dues include the following:
- Diploma Cover and Seals
- Graduation Program (5 copies/student)
You will also be able to view any obligations that you have to settle in your MySchoolBucks account.
To pay your senor dues, you must go to the School Store in MySchoolBucks. Do NOT click on the Lunch Money account icon. You must settle all obligations (deadline Friday, May 29 by 12 noon) prior to picking up your graduation bag next week.
Dear Class of 2020 Students and Parents,
We have developed a plan to provide an opportunity to photograph seniors at school. We know how important a graduation photo is for students and their families to mark this important milestone. This process was developed based on current data and guidance from the Fairfax County Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). It includes specific practices for social distancing and steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We ask for everyone’s cooperation to make sure all seniors and their families have a safe and enjoyable experience during their scheduled time. The photo op event will be hosted outside. It will be facilitated in an expedited drive-thru fashion (3-4 minutes per student) over multiple days. Graduates (dressed in cap and gown) and their families will remain in their vehicle until it is time to be called to the set-up area. All photographs must be taken within the time frame to allow for seamless transition to the next student. Graduates and their family who choose to walk to the school will be accommodated.
Please wear your cap, gown, cords, medals, and diploma for the graduate photo opportunity on one of these dates: June 4, 5, or 8.
To help ensure that every senior has an opportunity to participate in the photo op, please complete THIS SCHEDULING FORM. We will be reaching out to provide more detail about scheduling a time for your family and more logistics for your photo opportunity.
Health and Safety Requirements:
We will follow all health guidelines as provided by the Health Department.
- Students and family members (in one vehicle) will have a health survey completed by a staff member on the scheduled day of their photo op. Students and family members may complete the questionnaire ahead of time by completing THIS ONLINE HEALTH SCREENING FORM.
- Social distancing of 6 feet or more will be maintained at all times.
- Photo-op will last no more than 5 minutes.
- Per CDC guidelines, students and family members will wear facial masks until the time that they have their photo taken.
- Per CDC guidelines, there will be no more than 10 persons total permitted at the photo location including FCPS staff.
- Persons over the age of 65 will not be permitted at the photo op UNLESS they are currently residing within the student’s household.
Staff members (1-2) will be present at the informal photo opportunity. For the safety of our graduates, families and staff will not be able to shake hands or engage in physical interaction. A professional photographer will be available to take a photo of graduates/families. Families will be able to order photos and purchase through the photographer at a later date.
We will continue to provide updates and information about graduation activities, and we look forward to honoring the senior class in the weeks to come.
Pamela E. Brumfield