PSAT Day 2022
PSAT / SAT School Day Testing
FCPS high schools and secondary schools are hosting a PSAT and SAT School Day on Wednesday, October 12. All students in grades 10-11 will be participating in the PSAT with the exceptions listed below. 12th grade students who signed up prior to the September 7th deadline will be taking the SAT.
- All high schools and secondary schools have a 2-hour early release.
- High School Academy classes and shuttles are canceled.
- Students with disabilities taught on an adapted curriculum (Category B) receive normal in-person instruction for the shortened school day (all grade levels).
- Certain English Language Learners who have been exempted from the tests will have a special activity that day in the ESOL department.
- Grade 9 and any Grade 12 students who have chosen not to take the SAT exam do not attend school and have an ‘unscheduled day’ on October 12 for attendance.
- Grab and Go breakfast and lunch available for purchase.
- Students with extended time accommodations (approved by College Board only) will have late bus transportation available at the regular dismissal time (2:55)
General Testing Information:
PSAT/NMSQT - No registration is required. All sophomores and juniors are scheduled to test.
SAT - SAT School Day testing is optional for seniors, but students testing must have signed up using the process communicated in August, with the September 7th deadline. FCPS sites cannot accept walk-ins on the day of the exam. SAT Student Guide
Classroom testing locations will be sent to student fcpsschools.net email address, and announced through Advisory classes.
- Students will begin in their testing locations at 8:10. Please arrive on time, students will not be able to test after a certain point in the morning.
- Electronic devices, such as phones, smart watches, or other wearable technology are not allowed in the testing location. If one is present, it must be turned OFF and cannot be kept with you. A proctor will either collect it from you, or they will direct you to keep it in a backpack away from your desk. You may not keep them in your pocket or access them during breaks.
- Students testing for the PSAT/NMSQT and the SAT School Day tests should bring #2 pencils with erasers. Do not use mechanical pencils or pens.
- Students are responsible for bringing their own calculators. One portion of the Math section allows for a calculator, though all questions are possible to answer without one. Edison High School is not providing calculators on test day.
- Snacks and drinks are allowed but must be kept off desks during testing.
- PSAT and SAT information from College Board can be found here, as well as practice options from Khan Academy, and details about National Merit Scholarship Qualification.
- We will share exam day schedules and additional details in the coming weeks. If you have questions about the PSAT or SAT School Day administration at Edison High School, please contact Mike Ward at [email protected].