Policies and Procedures for the Library
Policies and Procedures
- Use of the library is a privilege.
- Respect the right of others to study.
- Respect the right of others to use library materials.
- The library is a shared space, open to all students.
- Please do each other the courtesy of keeping it clean, quiet, organized and operational.
- Books check out for three weeks and may be renewed.
- Fines for overdue books are $.10 a day per book.
- Lost books will be replaced at the current replacement value.
- Students MAY NOT check out books if they have overdue books or bills.
You do not need a pass
- Before school.
- After school before 3:15.
You do need a pass
- During class time.
- During Eagle Time (agenda must be signed by a librarian in advance).
- During Lunch Time (get passes in the cafeteria).
- After 3:15, students need a pass from teacher or activity.
- The library is a quiet zone for school work only.
- No food or gum.
- Water only at the tables. No liquids at the computers.
- Before you leave, push in chairs, put trash in the trash cans, and paper in the recycling bins.
- Do not TALK on cell phones. If you must take a call, take it outside the library. In the library, keep your phones set to vibrate or airplane mode.
- Always sign in when you come in the library, unless you are with a teacher.
- Scissors, pens, markers, glue, tape, staplers and other office supplies are available to borrow at the front desk.
- Use computers in accordance with FCPS guidelines, which were reviewed in Students Rights and Responsibilities (SR&R). Computers are for school work only.
We have two printers in the library, and they are located at the front desk: Thomas (color) and Edison (B&W).
- Color printing is $.20/copy
- B&W is $.10/copy
You are responsible for paying for all of the pages you print, so be sure to ask for help, and check print preview before you print.
- You must have a pass in your agenda from a librarian to come to the library during Eagle Time. You must show your pass to your advisory teacher on the correct day. Librarians issue Eagle Time passes daily before & after school. You must have your agenda to get an Eagle Time pass.
- The Library is open after school for school work and quiet study only.
- To enter the library after 3:15, you must have a Hall Pass from your previous teacher, coach or activity sponsor.