English for Speakers of other Languages
ESOL Department Staff
Department Administrator: Michael Cohen | @email
Department Chair: Barbara Wall | @email
ESOL Mission Statement
- The mission of the FCPS ESOL Program is to develop the English proficiency of students while advancing their academic achievement and to support them in becoming productive, contributing citizens in the United States and an ever-changing global society.
The FCPS ESOL Instructional Program Goals
- Values and builds upon students' academic, linguistic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Creates a supportive learning environment.
- Assists students in reaching their full academic potential.
- Builds connections between ESOL and schoolwide instructional programs.
- Encourages participation of students and their families within the school community.
- Fosters understanding and appreciation of diverse populations within the school community.
Rising Freshmen ESOL Course Offerings
Current Students ESOL Course Offerings