Fine and Performing Arts
Art, Drama, Music
Translate this page
Fine Arts Department Staff
- Art Teacher, HS
Fine Arts Department Chair
- Art Teacher, HS
- Art Teacher, HS
- Itinerant Music, Strings, Teacher
- Music Teacher, HS
- Band Director, HS
- Theatre Arts Teacher, HS
Edison Visual Arts
The Edison Visual Arts Department offers a variety of courses that cover many artistic processes.
- Our Studio classes include Studio Art and Design 1, 2, 3 and 4. They also include the International Baccalaureate Art and Design program and Sculpture courses where students can create using 3-dimensional methods.
- Students who have the desire to pursue a creative career and anticipate applying to a program requiring a portfolio submission need to start taking art classes before Senior year in order to accumulate enough work to be submitted.
- The Edison Visual Arts Department also offers Photography classes. Students can take Photography 1, 2 and 3. The Photography courses teach black & white film processing & digital photography and mixed media as well.
- Students can also choose to enroll in Digital Art and learn design fundamentals through the use of computer generated artwork on Adobe products such as Photoshop and Illustrator. These courses include Computer Graphics 1, 2, 3 & 4.
Edison Theater Arts Program (in alignment with the IB Theater program)
- All students deserve an opportunity to grow through exploration and experimentation in the theater.
- The aims of the Edison Theatre Arts program are to help students understand the nature of the theatre; to understand it by making it as well as by studying it; to understand it not only with their minds but with their senses, their bodies and their emotions; to understand the forms it takes in cultures other than their own; and through this understanding better to understand themselves, their society and their world.
- Through exploration and engagement in the theater, students will discover the value and impact of the arts in society and culture. The goal is create lifelong learners, performers, and patrons of the arts.
- Drama Website - www.edisontheatrecompany.org
- Thomas Edison High School has the proud distinction of housing two string orchestras, the Concert Orchestra and the Chamber Orchestra. Both groups have an exciting schedule of concert performances this year, both at Thomas Edison HS and in public venues. Last year the Chamber Orchestra earned the highest possible ratings at the District X Orchestra Festival, receiving a "Superior" rating from every judge. This achievement, along with the festival performances of the Edison Band and Choir, earned Thomas Edison the "Blue Ribbon School" award from the Virginia Music Educators Association. The orchestras at Thomas Edison are looking forward to seeing you at their next concert!
- The Bands of Thomas A. Edison High School have a proud tradition of excellence and achievement. The band program includes Symphonic Band, Concert Band, Percussion Ensemble, Marching Band, and Color Guard. Classroom instruction in music theory and guitar are offered. Band students participate in district solo and ensemble festival, and district, regional, and state ensembles by audition. The band performs and competes during the fall marching season and offers concerts to the public throughout the year.
- Band Website - www.edisonband.org
- Chorus Website - EHS CHOIRS - Home (edisonchoirs.com)