- Students in this course form the representative performing band for the school. Emphasis is placed on the sequential development of advanced technical skills and on the study of related literature. Based on successful completion of sequential concepts for each level, students will continue as specified in course level. Marching band techniques, rehearsals, and performances are included in this course. Students must meet both the school day and after-school participation requirements, including Marching Band, to receive credit for the course.
- Students continue developing as individual musicians and as members of a musical group. Emphasis is placed on the development of intermediate level technical and ensemble skills necessary for performance. Marching band techniques and performances may be included. Students must meet both the school day and after-school participation requirements to receive credit for the course.
- The Edison High School Marching Band is a co-curricular program at Thomas A. Edison High School. Participation in the Marching Eagles will allow students to develop their musical knowledge and skills. It includes brass, woodwind, percussion, and colorguard students performing in the outdoor pageantry tradition. Membership in the Marching Eagles is open to all who possess a positive attitude and a willingness to work hard as a member of the ensemble.Percussion Ensemble
- The Percussion Ensemble allows percussion students in grades 9-12 the opportunity to perform percussion ensemble repertoire in a wide variety of performance situations. The Edison Percussion Ensemble was featured at the 2004 and 2007 PASIC “Day of Percussion” at Flint Hill High School. Individual members of the EPE routinely earn high ratings in Virginia Band and Orchestra Directors' Association (VBODA) Solo & Ensemble Festival. Membership is by audition or invitation of the director only. Members of this ensemble also form the percussion sections of the concert performing ensembles.
- The Color Guard provides visual interpretation to the Marching Eagles program, after Marching Band season they continue working throughout the winter by participating in Color Guard competitions. Membership is open to all students.