New Student Registration
Registration for students who are new to Edison High School AND new to FCPS.
Note: This registration is for students who need to enroll at Edison High School in Alexandria, Virginia.
Welcome to Edison High School!
We're excited to welcome our newest Eagles!
We are a school in Fairfax County, Virginia.
Students Who Are Not New to FCPS
If this is not a student's first year in FCPS and the student has not moved from the middle school that feeds into Edison HS, they do not need to register. They are already registered within the system. If a student is already an FCPS student but has moved, the parent or guardian should contact fill out the webform below.
Students Who Are New to FCPS
For students new to FCPS, before beginning the registration process, please view the FCPS boundary map to see which Fairfax County Public School serves a particular address.
If you live within the Edison HS boundary map and are ready to register a new student, please fill out the webform below.
New Student Registration Forms
- Visit the FCPS registration page to learn more.
- View the forms required for enrolling a student in FCPS.
New Global STEM Program Students
Parents and guardians enrolling their students in the Global STEM Challenges Program must complete the following items in addition to the regular new student registration forms. Send all of the above to Tawanna Bates, Registrar, at @email.
- Leaseholder or Homeowner Affidavit form along with a copy of your lease or deed and three recently dated mailings showing your name and address of residence.
- Record Request Form
- Special Services Questionnaire
- Photocopy of parent/guardian government-issued ID (preferably driver's license)
Registering a Student Whose Home Language Is Other Than or In Addition to English
Student families wishing to register a student with a home language other than or in addition to English should please contact the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center. Here professionals may assess your student's English language skill and/or educational level. These assessments can provide valuable information to the local school and support your child's instructional needs.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center webpage.
Special Registration Situations
Special registration situations can include nonparent registrations, situations involving divorced or separated parents, homelessness, foster care, and foreign exchange students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Special Registration Situations webpage.
Military Family Registration
FCPS welcomes responsive and collaborative communication and partnerships with the parents and families of our students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Military Registration webpage.
Should you have any questions regarding registering your student please contact our at 703-924-8022.