Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.Events and Headlines at a Glance
- Black History Month
- Career and Technical Education Month
- Love the Bus Month
February 4: Edison Academy Open House, 10:00 – 1:00 PM
February 6: Strategic Plan Community Forum, 6:30, PM, EHS Cafeteria
February 6: Athletic Boosters Monthly Meeting, 6:00 PM, EHS Room G113
February 6-10: School Counseling Week
February 8: Crossing Guard Appreciation Day
February 15: National School Resource Officer Day
February 20: President’s Birthday – School Holiday
February 21: In-Person PTSA Meeting, 7:00 PM, Guest Speaker
March 2: 2 Hour Early Release
March 3: Student HolidaySuperintendent's Strategic Planning Forum
Similar to a roadmap, a strategic plan clearly defines the best route for us to take in the years ahead to reach our goals. Our students are preparing for careers that don’t exist today. In order to keep pace with these needs, we need to rethink our plans for the future—and how we will best serve our students for this new era.
Visit our Strategic Planning webpage for more information on upcoming Community Forums and other opportunities to be involved in this exciting work. Please register here: Strategic Forum Registration.
Dr. Reid will be hosting a community forum here at Edison HS on February 6 at 6:30 PM in the cafeteria. Please enter at door 14 or 17.Scholastic Art Award Winners
Edison High School has two winners in the Regional Scholastic Art Awards. Robin Bernatz was named a Gold Key winner in the ceramics and glass category, and Elise Hodge was named a Silver Key winner in the drawing and illustration category.
Their works will be displayed at Northern Virginia Community College’s Ernst Community Cultural Center in Annandale from Friday, February 9, to Thursday, March 23, with an award ceremony on Wednesday, March 1.
Edison Academy invites you to attend their Open House event on Saturday, February 4, 2023, from 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM.
You will have the opportunity to tour our state-of-the-art facilities in person, meet our instructors and current students, and learn more about our incredible courses! Please enter at Door #13.
Please contact Cassandra Deedy at (703) 924-8101 or [email protected] if you need any additional information. We look forward to meeting you on February 4.
Please take a minute and watch the EHS Academy video: Edison AcademyIn Case You Missed It
In case you missed it in FCPS This Week, the school division shared updates on the following topics:
- Draft Calendar Updates
- Regional Science Fair
- Scholastic Art Award Winners
Read FCPS This Week to learn more about these topics. If you are not already receiving the weekly newsletter, sign up today.Summer Program Information PTSA Updates
The next PTSA General Meeting will be on Tuesday, February 21, 2023, at 7:00 PM. This meeting will be in person, in the School Cafeteria. There will be a guest speaker, Mr. Shawn Elliot, a Substance Abuse and Prevention Specialist for FCPS.
Still thinking about becoming a member of the Edison HS PTSA? We would really like you to join us.
The Edison HS Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA) supports our students, school and community through family involvement. We provide volunteer and financial support to Edison High School teachers and staff for the benefit of all students. We encourage all families to join the PTSA so that our students can strive to reach their potential.
You may access the membership form by clicking on the following link - https://edisonhsptsa.memberhub.com/store?limit=21&live=true *If the link does not work directly, please copy and paste it into a web browser. The membership dues are $15 for an Individual Membership, and $25 for a Family Membership.
***PTSA VOLUNTEERS NEEDED***
We are desperately looking for chairs for the following committees:
- Fundraising Committee
- Scholarship Committee
- Volunteer Committee
In addition, we are looking for other volunteers to serve as members on all PTSA committees, and to help with PTSA sponsored events. So if you are looking for a way to participate in the activities of the PTSA, then we hope you will consider signing up. All our committees provide an opportunity to give back to our Edison Community
For more information, please contact PTSA VP for Membership, Makeda Berhane, [email protected].Register for All Night Grad Party
- Register early to get the reduced rate of $60.
- Doors open at the Franconia (formerly Lee) Rec Center at 11:00 p.m. on June 6, 2023!
- Games! Prizes! Food! Obstacle Course! Live entertainment! Swimming and more!
Register here: https://edisonangp.com/register-for-angp (copy and paste link to open)
Note: All students eligible for free and reduced lunch can register online for a reduced fee.
Questions? Email our Registration Chairs, Karen and Rita, at [email protected].
La información sobre All Night Grad Party también está disponible en español en nuestro sitio web.www.edisonangp.com
Please join us Monday, February 6 for our next Booster meeting. We’ll be meeting in room G113 (enter through door 13, first room past the trophy case). Kickoff is at 7:00 PM.Edison Community BINGO Night
Join us Saturday, February 25 for a fun night of BINGO games and prizes while helping us raise money for our Athletic Booster Scholarship Fund! Doors open at 6:00 PM and games start at 6:30 PM in the cafeteria.
- BINGO and Raffle Prize Announcment: We have our first prizes to announce! You have the chance to win a Lotto-Fun Gift Card basket, Date Night basket and Buc-ee’s raffle prize. More prizes will be announced soon.
- BINGO Prize Donations: Donate to your team basket theme with specific items, gift cards, or money. Reach out to your team parent or coach! Each team will donate a different themed basket filled with prized to be won on the 25th!
Raffle Prize Donations: Got tickets to a game, a new item you don’t need around the house cooking classes, photography session — items you’d like to donate? We would gladly accept for our raffle table!
Contact Charice Walton at [email protected] for more information.
- Absences, Early Checkout and Late Arrivals: Email: [email protected]; call 703-924-8080 and leave a message; or use https://edisonhs.fcps.edu/EHS-Attendance
- Edison High School Website: https://edisonhs.fcps.edu/
- New to Edison? Start Here: New Student to Edison | Thomas A. Edison High School (fcps.edu)
- Required Forms: Yearly Forms
- For Parents: Parent Checklist
- For Students: Updates for Students
- e-Hallpass Information: e-Hallpass
- Locker Request: Request a Locker Here
- Student Information System (SIS) and Parent Vue: Enables you to access information about student attendance, class performance, course materials, and more: SIS/Parent Vue
- School Payments via My School Bucks: My School Bucks
- Transcript Requests: This link connects you to the transcript request form for Edison High School and is for current students and recent graduates (2018 and after): EHS Transcript Request Form
- Former student records from more than five years ago can be requested via this site: Verification of Graduation, Records, Transcripts